|Prep Time||25 mins|
|Cook Time||20 mins|
- 8to 10 medium russet potatoes (about 3 lb.), peeled, cut into quarters
- 1teaspoon salt
- 2tablespoons butter, if desired
- Dash pepper
- 1/4cup hot milk
- Peel,wash,and cut potatoes into any shape of your choice.
- Transfer your clean washed potatoes into a cooking,and add enough water to cover. Add 3/4 teaspoon of the salt,and allow it boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low,and cover half way, and leave it to boil gently for about 15 or 20 minutes and drain well.
- Return potatoes to saucepan,shake saucepan gently over a low gentle heat for about 2 mins to evaporate any excess moisture.
- Now mash potatoes with a potato masher until there’s no lumps left,and add butter, pepper and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and continue to mash,while you gradually add milk (bit by bit)until potatoes is smooth and creamy.
- Serve,garnish and enjoy.